Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi all - So I was able to find a link where a person was able to solve the problem. Believe it or not it is a scripting error in the package. More details can be found here.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/monterrey-and-hp-printers.2319676/

I was able to update the scripts for distribution within the package that you download from the HP site and get my old Laser M1213 MFP to work.

To help those who have this issue - I have updated the package that worked for me on Mac OS 12.0.1 Monterey and put on this link which is valid till Nov 25th, 2021 - https://sendgb.com/mkA26DolzSr

Hopefully this is enough time for HP to take note and update their package.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Just echoing what others have said - Apple has told me today that the problem is not my MacBook but HP has not yet released drivers for operating systems newer than IOS 10.15. My other devices - PC, iPad and iPhone, all print from the HP printer but not my Mac with Monterey. I have asked HP for a solution but they have not replied. I am sure that they will be losing a large number of customers with Mac computers. I am going to make a complaint - not that it will make much difference but has to be done!

HP Recommended

This is an unacceptable situation. We have several employees equipped with these printers, that have been specifically waiting for the latest Mac laptops, but we are unable to upgrade them as all of the P1100 series printers are unsupported. However on a test machine upgraded to Monterey in which the drivers are already installed the printer works perfectly with Monterey. This is an installer block.

You say that printers listed in this thread are old. Where is HPs commitment to sustainability and the environment when a small change in operating system from Big Sur to Monterey means that printers will have to be disposed of? In the past we would have thought about this as profiteering now we know it is ruining our planet.

Please resolve this issue. I was promised a direct response on Twitter last week, this has been sadly absent.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my printer. There is no logic at all to post about sustainabillity and then not releasing the needed drivers?! Sustainabillity for HP is just a marketing trick and not a thought. You are persuading people to buy new printers but I am sure most of them would buy a printer from a different supplier who is willing to release the updated drivers..

HP Recommended

This next week I plan to email the President of HP and that of the Printer Division.  

Here is a URL to the HP Executive teams.   https://www.hp.com/us-en/hp-information/executive-team/team.html

If there is no response I will contact the following entities.:

AppleInsider, MacRumors, 9to5Mac, MacLife, Wired, and CNET; CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, and Fox News

The Editors at Forbes, Business Week, Fortune, Consumer Reports, Inc., and Success

I see no reason HP should continue to ignore this issue with this one OS release but now several.  I know many of you have purchased HP printers as they have been the Industry Standard.  These aren't inexpensive products and I'm still very happy with the enterprise printers (M553, M751) and the plotter (T730), but it's like buying a new car.  What if you spent $80,000 on a new vehicle and then found after it was delivered the software to run the computer and start the car was never completed.

I was told by an HP Level II Support member Level III knows what the issue is.  Several of you that are comfortable with scripting or the command line confirmed this.  Thank you to those for sending the command line code or .pkg and at least getting some of us by.  I'm not sure why HP continues to drag their feet over a number of releases when this is so simple to resolve.

Skippy255Z

HP Recommended

There is a solution (playing with the installer) posted on Macrumors and upgraded computers work. For the printers in our case it is likely two minutes of code change and then some decent testing. 

HP Recommended
Enrique Lores, President & Chief Executive Officer
Tuan Tran, President of Imaging, Printing & Solutions at HP

Both have Contact Info on LinkedIn.  That may be the best way to start to get attention. 

HP Recommended

Yes - I have posted a link above where you can get the updated package to install the drivers. I hope HP takes notice and updates the script on their drivers page based on that feedback.

HP Recommended

Hi

Really appreciate you trying to help.

When I try to open up the package downloaded from your link I get the message "HP_Drivers12.pkg" cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer".   How do I bypass this ?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Robert14472,

yes if you want it loaded you have to accept.  I did and have experience no issues .

skippy255z

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.