Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

It is no longer Apple’s responsibility.  HP took that in several versions ago. 

This failure falls on HP.

skippy255z

HP Recommended

Please prepare a pkg for me to enable me to install hp printer driver on my mac running macos 12.0.1

HP Recommended

There seems to an issue with the scanner f the HP 6700 office jet. 

Always get message "Scanner is busy" even after trying all the recommended solutions. 

Anybody else has this issue? Need a resolution quickly. 

HP Recommended

When will this be available?  as I just bought this printer a year or so ago.  

Garyn44

HP Recommended

@BTGNYC wrote:

i downloaded the 2020 software update from apple support, and my old workhorse laserjet P1006 now works! Try it? https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?locale=en_US

It worked for me! 

I can't believe it. 🙏 🤩 Thank you!

HP Recommended

Cant get HP Envy 7640 to print on OS 12

HP Recommended

Dear Litkbum,

Please activate the link again with the updated package that worked for you.

Thank you,

tdegraau

HP Recommended

HP just published the HP Easy Start for macOS 12 for HP printers, or at least for the following.  I suspect many of the others are now available.

The Easy Start Version was upgraded for the HP Color LaserJet M751 printer and HP DesignJet T730 plotter.

This appeared to work but when I selected HP Driver for the M751 instead of the AirPrint driver, the install hung.  I cancelled out of the installation.  I then went to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and added the printer there.  The installation worked as it should have.  Test prints work as well.

Hope this works for all of you under this Subject as well.

Thanks HP, but I'm disappointed that it took you  two months to fix the issue.  This is the third macOS release where you were behind the power curve.

skippy255z

HP Recommended

Please provide the link to download "HP Easy Start for macOS 12 for HP printers" 

HP Recommended

I’m not sure if the Easy Start is configured for each printer class or model.  Best solution is to do a Google search as I did the following for my printer.  As follows:

macOS drivers for HP printer M751

replace the M751 above with your printer.  When the page returns, ensure you click the drop down on the macOS version and choose macOS 12, then click on change.

This should return the appropriate Easy Start file with the drivers and firmware for your HP printer.

good luck,

skippy255z

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.