Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Monterrey has created a lot of issues. This should take care of the issue:

First Uninstall all HP software, put in the Trash and empty the Trash.

Then reset the printer system ( https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/reset-printing-system-mac-solve-a-problem-mh14001/12.0/mac/... )

Next add the printer ( https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/add-a-printer-mh14004/mac )

HP Recommended

This worked for me on my inkjet 8720

HP Recommended

Hello! Would you be so kind in sending me the link for the updated package? I have the HP Laserjet CP1025 and have been trying to make it print in my Mac Monterey. Printer Status says it's Idle. I can see my printer connected from Mac's System Information. But when I click on Device Information (from Printer Options & Supplies), it says device is offline.

I was able to have my printer installed using the Apple HP 5.1 installer with no issues but it just will not print. It shows "Sending Data to Printer" when I click on print and then it goes totally blank without printing.

I was with HP "support" yesterday from 2:36pm and 6:01pm and it was a joke. For every reply I have, it takes the officer average of 10mins to reply with a single sentence. He was not able to resolve the problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you! For my printer (CP1025), I only got a firmware update which will not run. 😞

HP Recommended

I am disappointed and having the same issue. My HP6970 will no longer print due to not connecting to my MAC OS Monterey update. Help HP!

HP Recommended

Try this:

Monterrey has created a lot of issues. This should take care of the issue. First Uninstall all HP software, put in the Trash and empty the Trash. Then reset the printer system ( https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/reset-printing-system-mac-solve-a-problem-mh14001/12.0/mac/... ) Next add the printer ( https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/add-a-printer-mh14004/mac )

HP Recommended

@jb51780 , thanks! I did that as well as all the other things I found online:

A. Downloaded HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update

Uninstalled all HP Drivers

Deleted my Printer

Reset the Printer System

Installed HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update without any issues (CP 1025)

Added the printer with recommended driver

RESULT:  PRINTER DOESN'T PRINT

Did this in SAFE MODE, still wouldn't print

B.  Downloaded hp-printer-essentials-S-5_14_8_4

As suggested by this video: YouTube.com/watch?v=iB6TclJMaak

Deleted my Printer

Reset the Printer System

Installed hp-printer-essentials-S-5_14_8_4 without any issues (CP 1025)

RESULT: My printer wasn't among the list of printers in the file

C. Dowloaded HP Easy Start | HP Smart App

It recognized my printer but suggested a much better software to finish which is the HP Smart App

Downloaded the HP Smart App but it will not recognize my printer despite doing the following:
- hard reset of printer

-checking the cable

-replacing the cable

-restarting computer and restarting the app

I figured it might be the Firmware of my printer. Mine is still 2016xxx while HP Website has 2020xxx available but only up to 10.14.

So I installed my printer to my MacBook which runs on 10.13.  Firmware will not upgrade because when I run this

LJCP1020_FW_Upgrade_20201023.dmg (for OS 10.13), it doesn't see my printer - despite Printer Dialogue telling my my printer status is Idle.  I am able to check my supply level but in Device Information, Device Status says Offline.  But when I open the cover of the printer, my computer was able to recognize that.  If I turn my printer off and on again, Device Status (in Device Information) recognizes that my printer is Initializing.

VERDICT:  FAIL

Since I have Parallels installed in my Mac with Windows 10 64-bit, I had this great idea of updating the firmware via Windows.  I downloaded this:

HPPrintandScan Doctor -- passed with recommended software update

Ran the Firmware Update multiple times (since I always get an error in communication with the printer) until it went through.

Ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor again and it says everything is up to date

Installed my HP CP1025 printer to my Mac Monterey 12.1 (all steps in A), hoping that my firmware is already updated -- BUT to my dismay, it still says 2016xxx.

I am still hopeful I can still use my printer. Anyone with new ideas, please help! 

I have chatted with HP Support - no help there. I have chatted with Apple - no help there either.

Thank you!

c. Tried to do A to my MacBook with OS 10.13

RESULT:  PRINTER DOESN'T PRINT

Did this in SAFE MODE, still wouldn't print

In this video I show how to get your HP Laserjet printer working under macOS Ventura and Monterey. Driver for M11 / M12 / M12W / M13 series: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/lj_M12/mac/HP_LaserJet_Professional_M11-M13_Series_20160330-signed.dmg HP Printer Essentials Driver for ...
HP Recommended

Tried upgrading the Firware in another Mac running Mojave and the HP Firmware Upgrade Utility cannot see my printer: 

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 10.13.51 AM.png

I hope someone can help...

HP Recommended

NOT Solved--I just got a new Mac with Monterey and it will NOT print on my HP Office Jet Pro 8600--it's a great printer, and I don't want to replace it--HP, PLEASE get us a printer driver

HP Recommended

I have an Office Jet 8600 and need a driver--would you be willing to provide it again?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.