Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello, is there any way that the link can be used again? I'm going insane trying to find a solution.

HP Recommended

TY11

I have spoke to tech support, who completely understood my frustration, we have more than 5 printers affected and stocks of HP toner in hand for our team. Whilst sympathetic there was no indication of whether there would be a fix, or when there would be a fix. 

I would recommend contacting HP via social media. Throwing away all of these printers due to software issues of this sort is an environmental disaster. In some ways I wish that this thread was not marked as fixed, as it is a work-around rather than an HP fix which is what is needed. 

HP have on their site saying that they want to be the most sustainable and just technology company. This current policy is in clear opposition to this statement. 

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 07.33.51.png

 Sorry I was not able to give you better news from direct tech support contact.

HP Recommended

I'll contact the FTC

HP Recommended

Can someone here recommend other manufacturers ? I'm really fed up with HP's lack of seriousness. 

I heared Brother devices are solid. 

HP Recommended

I just download Monterey to my Mac and now it won't connect to the HP 1012 printer. I recall in the past a third party called Gutenprint providing a driver but they don't seem to have one for Monterey. Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

The installer fudge posted (copied from Macrumors) does a good job. Try that. You need to use Terminal, but it is not difficult. The instructions are shown in a few places on this forum. HTH

HP Recommended

I am also considering buying a Brother printer. I have one at work and did not have any problems connecting it to my laptop + I did not need to download extra drivers or anything. 

HP Recommended

It did not work for me. So now I am having a HP device I cannot use  (:

HP Recommended

I'm a little late to the convo.  Any way you could provide me with the updated package from the link that expired on the 25th?

HP Recommended

Can you share the dmg file 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.