Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 All-in-One Printer

Multiple failed attempts to download HP smart with my new Dell windows 11 operating system. Cannot print scan or anythank printer is connected but won't perform any task without the software and the computer cannot download it.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Slytley,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

Are you getting any error messages?

It is not possible to simply download and install HP Smart (Windows) - at this writing, the only source for the application is the Microsoft Store

The error in your image seems to indicate the app is "open" in your system.

As a recheck of the obvious, make sure the application is not listed in Settings > Apps > Apps and Features

If you find it, uninstall and Restart the computer.

Check your Security Software to be sure it is not blocking the installation.

Most Security software can be set to "allow" programs and applications you want to install/run on the system.

Disconnect from Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection before downloading.

Microsoft Store - Solutions / Application Updates

Windows (Start) > Microsoft Store

In the upper right corner, click on the three horizontal dots ...

Select Settings > App updates > "Update apps automatically" = ON

In the upper right corner, click on the three horizontal dots ...

Select Downloads and Updates > Get Updates

and/or

Windows 10 – Windows 11

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

and/or

“HP Smart will not install – Windows 10” (might apply to Windows 11, too)

You may also try HP SCAN AND CAPTURE.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Problem solved.

Turns out my new Dell with windows 11 operating system was a defective operating system with corrupted drivers.

Returned to BestBuy for this diagnosis. 

Exchanged it for same Dell with bigger screen.

Download and installs great

HP Recommended

Hi @Slytley,

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Bernard AVATAR 422.jpg

49.10.4647208.4 MBDec 14, 2021Download

HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software

15.3.515.7 MBJan 25, 2023Download

My Tutorial : (1)

Uninstall the old driver in Control Panel, "Programs and Features", then remove

all occurrences related to your printer name, in Program and X86 Program, and then in

configuration, right click on your old printer (If it's still there, chances are it's not there anymore)

''Delete'' if present.

Restart the PC, connect the printer to the mains, connect a USB cord on the PC side, on the printer you

will connect during installation ONLY when prompted.

Start installing your printer, by right-clicking on the Setup. downloaded driver exe, installed ''en

as administrator'', OK, let the installation take place, at the end of the installation,    restart the PC.

To create a shortcut on the Windows desktop, open Control Panel, right-click on your

new printer, create shortcut, on the desktop, yes.

A new shortcut has been created on the Windows desktop.

Go to the desktop, click on this new shortcut, to open the new operation menu of your printer.

Turn on your printer, print a test page.

That's it, your printer is working again.

Bernard42.

Excellent Day.

* Click on YES button  to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards,

Bernard42.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.