Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
macOS 12.0 Monterey
  • First off, I learn that the product I got has a warranty that expired in 2021 (I JUST BOUGHT IT LAST WEEK)
  • I need support from HP and they have none. 
  • Their app keeps crashing so I cannot install the printer and use it
  • The printer is not WIRELESSLY being detected by the app (I tried using my mobile phone, it is NOT WORKING)(Yes, I tried everything.)
  • I print my first coloured photo and the colour is all off (ALL YELLOWS)(I PUT IN NEW INK CARTRIGES) AND THERE IS NO OPTION IN THE APP TO CORRECT THE COLOURS.

This is the most inconvenience I've ever had in just trying to use a printer. Honestly.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

What printer did you buy? Was it new or a display model? The warranty issue is easy to explain. When a product is manufactured it is assigned an default warranty that is 15 months from date of manufacture. They have to put something in the database. When you purchase and register your purchase, the warranty dates are updated to reflect a proper warranty based on date of purchase, not date of manufacture. If you just purchased, get it registered and then you will be able to get help. I can provide any real suggestions on your problems because you did not state what printer you purchased.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for that information. I got the DeskJet 3777. It had good reviews, and I liked its appearance. 

I wouldn't know if I was given a display model, but the unit was supposedly sealed when I received it (it had a sealed plastic over it). But your explanation about the warranty helps (I have never heard of a warranty working like that before, this is indeed a first for me. It's confusing, I wish HP had some sort of guide to let customers know about this easier).

I already managed to connect it to Wi-Fi by downloading the software, however, despite my doing cartridge alignment a couple of times, the colours have not corrected itself, it is still horrific. Everything looks a sickly yellowish-greenish hue. SIGH. (The cartridges I am using are the ones included in the box itself - original ones, supposedly so…)

HP Recommended

This is exactly my problem now, and it seems HP is really the one at fault here due to defective hardware. (I did everything the other customer did as well)

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/Printer-will-not-print-the-...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.