Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Linux

i get to the point in the install where I have to choose a connection between my PC and the printer. Printer drivers i will not recognize my usb connection.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Caldreamer1971,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If the HP OfficeJet Pro 9125 printer software is not recognizing your USB connection during the installation process, there are several troubleshooting steps you can try:

Check USB Cable and Ports: Ensure that the USB cable you're using to connect the printer to your PC is in good condition and securely plugged into both the printer and your computer's USB port. Try using a different USB cable or USB port on your computer to rule out any issues with the cable or port.

Restart Computer and Printer: Sometimes, a simple restart of both your computer and the printer can help resolve connectivity issues. Turn off both devices, wait for a few minutes, and then turn them back on.

Use Different USB Port: If you're connecting the printer to a USB hub or extension, try connecting it directly to a USB port on your computer instead. USB hubs or extensions can sometimes cause compatibility issues.

Check Device Manager (Windows):

• Open Device Manager on your computer by pressing Windows Key + X and selecting "Device Manager".
  • Look for any entries related to your HP OfficeJet Pro 9125 printer under "Print queues" or "Other devices".
  • If you see any entries with a yellow exclamation mark or a warning symbol, right-click on them and select "Update driver" to see if Windows can find and install the appropriate driver for your printer.

Download and Install Drivers Manually: If the automatic installation process is not working, you can try downloading the printer drivers manually from the HP website. Visit the HP support website, enter your printer model (HP OfficeJet Pro 9125), and download the latest drivers for your operating system. Once downloaded, run the driver installation file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the drivers.

Disable Antivirus/Firewall: Sometimes, antivirus or firewall software can interfere with the installation process. Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software on your computer and try installing the printer drivers again.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.