Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'im trying to print on Carol Doak's foundation paper for a quilting project. Keep getting the HP recommends ColorLok paper for best printing results and printer will not perform the function.  I did manage to print one copy and copy that one time but keep getting the ColorLok message.  I want to print other pages but it has become stubborn.. I have printed on this paper in the past.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Posy-__16, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, do you see this message on the printer screen or the computer?

Are you able to skip this message or click on and resume printing?

Was there a recent firmware update on the printer?

Check the paper-handling section on the printer specifications page to know the supported paper types and paper size. Use compatible media to print.

Remove the media from the input tray, replace them and close the tray.

Once you close it, you will get an option to choose the paper type. 

Have you tried printing on regular paper and check if it prints fine without the error?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Posy-__16, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, do you see this message on the printer screen or the computer?

Are you able to skip this message or click on and resume printing?

Was there a recent firmware update on the printer?

Check the paper-handling section on the printer specifications page to know the supported paper types and paper size. Use compatible media to print.

Remove the media from the input tray, replace them and close the tray.

Once you close it, you will get an option to choose the paper type. 

Have you tried printing on regular paper and check if it prints fine without the error?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Kumar, it's working now!  I changed something in the printer settings in the computer.  The message was on the screen on the printer..

HP Recommended

@Posy-__16

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.