Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet plus 4100 All in one series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi , I have followed everything and installed on my computer however app HP smart says printer is ready , but it doesnt print, everytime i click print it asks me to add manually the printer and install and not install properly.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

More and more people having this same problem so HP should provide the solution asap. I encountered this problem since last months. Contacted them for technical help via HP WhatsApp hotline and they keep telling you the same things over and over again ie download the firmware, install the Smart App, download Print & Scan Doctors and then Win10 simply refused to install HP's Driver.

So I decide to do my own research and I am pretty sure it is HP's problem not updating their Driver because 64-bit Win10 marked them as Unsigned Driver. In other words, the Driver is not officially endorsed by Microsoft.

You can google 64-bit Windows 10 Driver Signature Verification and see the result. I am pretty sure this is the root of the problem. Once we updated our Windows 10 to latest patches, it will flag HP's Driver as unsigned.

HP will need to send their Driver to Microsoft for verification so that we can install the Driver in our PC/Notebook otherwise nothing much we can do about it and forever Win10 will refused to install the Driver for us.

I have been using other printers for more than 10 years and never see this kind of issue before. Just switched to HP few months ago and it is really a nightmare. My daughter was asked to printout her homework and I simply cannot fix the printer problem for her.

If HP still cannot solve this issue, we will have no choice but buy another brand new printer which maybe more user friendly 😞

HP Recommended

I have just bought a deskjet plus 4100.

After 3 hours wasted with helplines nothing works.

I am new to HP - obviously I made a big mistake.

The SMART setup does not work - how difficult can it be - I do all they say over and over again.

I seem not to be alone so what are HP actually doing about this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.