Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 4520
Linux

HPLIP does not support Linux Mint 20, it stops at Mint 19.3. As far as I have discovered ,Mint 20 has  implemented driverless printing, so I have purged my previous HPLIP. The printer is detected (HPLIP did not detect it in Mint 20) but I am notified that
a print filter is missing, filname is

/usr/lib/cups/backend/hp 

I have been browsing for hours to find this, but usuccessfully. Therefore I am grateful for assistance.
Another question is: Will HPLIP support Mint 20 any time soon?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Same for me with a HP Deskjet 3636 since I upgraded yesterday to Linux Mint 20:! 

Searched for hours on Ubuntu, Debian and Mint forums, there's nothing. Help would be really appreciated, as HP's Linux Printer Drivers where my reason to buy a HP Deskjet. 

HP Log:  hplip-install_Tue-21-Jul-2020_17:58:25.log shows:

hplip-install_Tue-21-Jul-2020_17:58:25.log

hplip-install[21712]: info: :
hplip-install[21712]: info: :[01mHP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.20.6)[0m
hplip-install[21712]: info: :[01mHPLIP Installer ver. 5.1[0m
hplip-install[21712]: info: :Copyright (c) 2001-18 HP Development Company, LP
hplip-install[21712]: info: :This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
hplip-install[21712]: info: :This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
hplip-install[21712]: info: :under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.
hplip-install[21712]: info: :Installer log saved in: [01mhplip-install_Tue-21-Jul-2020_17:58:25.log[0m
note: Defaults for each question are maked with a '*'. Press <enter> to accept the default.
error: linuxmint-20 version is not supported, so all dependencies may not be installed. However trying to install using linuxmint-19.3 version packages.
error: Aborted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.