Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet1510
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello

I'm realy not happy with your automatic firmwareupdate during the new install of software for my printer.

since the update non cartridge are working, i give a sh** if you wanna sell your stuff. its my choice not yours if i want to use your cartridge or others after the warranty, i want a solution to the problem your update dit or i make sure your company gonna pay for it. here in europe its the costumer choice not yours. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi!  @Kamp75, Welcome to HP forums!

I understand after upgrading the firmware on your printer you are unable to use the refilled inks.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

I have checked few records found few articles about why the refilled ink cartridges don't work.

HP is constantly improving security for its products and customers. Beginning in late 2015, HP implemented updates to the firmware related to the security chip in HP OfficeJet, OfficeJet Pro and OfficeJet Pro X printers that maintain secure communications between the cartridge and the printer. The purpose of this update is to protect HP’s innovations and intellectual property. These printers will continue to work with refilled or remanufactured cartridges with an Original HP security chip. Other cartridges may not function. In many cases this functionality was installed in the HP printer and in some cases, it has been implemented as part of an update to the printer’s firmware.

Here's the thing, yes, you can refill your cartridges or use remanufactured cartridges, but you may run into problems.

QualityLogic, one of the world's foremost quality assurance organizations, tested the performance of HP inkjet print cartridges vs. remanufactured (refilled) brands. The results: original HP inkjet print cartridges far surpassed ink refills in both print quality and reliability.
Nearly one out of every six refilled ink cartridges tested was dead on arrival or failed prematurely
70% of refilled cartridges had some form of reliability problem
Count on HP original ink cartridges for consistent, worry-free printing. You may think you're saving money on remanufactured or refilled ink cartridges, but in the long run, the cost of wasted time, ink, and paper can more than make up the difference.

However, you can try the following document to troubleshoot ink cartridge issues.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

this dosn't solve anything, i have a deskjet 1510 and when we talking about the price make the calculation your self

oreginal 301 cartridge cost 15.80 average with printet 226 pages = 0,07 cost ink per page 

the one i use till now cost 9.93 with 70ml printet 411 pages = 0,024 cost ink per page 

3x times higher price per page is not economy, its money trown out the window.

on the other hand when i was updating the softwore there was no information in bugfix ore changing information page about it. otherwise i wold never updatet the software on current version and would have searched a older one.

why i was updating the software is simple, the cd deliverd with the printer was not working, false version on the disk. 

CD Version 7.3.0 - Q5888-10023 -42640

The only think you want is incrising your product selling to a price who is way to high.

HP Recommended

@Kamp75,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 
You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 
Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Regards

Mr.Robot

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.