Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 9015
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hello, 

I have recently purchased an OfficeJet 9015 and wanted to setup a network folder to start scanning with my MAC. I use Sierra OS and have gone through the steps of setting up the folder and have properly shared it through system preferences on my MAC. 

However when I use the HP Smart Ap to setup the network folder, I have an issue. I have followed all the steps correctly in my opinion. This includes entering the correct Network Path, then also entering the correct username/password, leaving out the optional pin numbers, and setting up the default scan settings. I keep getting the error of incorrect credentials and to check my username and password. I have confirmed that I have used the correct username and password numerous times. Therefore I am stuck. 

Can someone please help or support this problem?

thanks

Megan

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MJPMJP 

I don't have a Mac...

See if the following example can help - some of the content is directed at Windows, hopefully you can extrapolate anything "Mac".

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Scan > Scan to Network Folder > Network Folder Setup

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Network > Network Protocols > Select which protocol(s) to Enable

Example - EWS -  Scan to Network Folder

Consider using the printer IP address as opposed to the server name.

EWS_9025_Scan-to-Network-Folder_4EWS_9025_Scan-to-Network-Folder_4

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please also follow below guidelines, put some extra attention to the "Verify that the Current Printer Time is set to the GMT equivalent" this should likely help getting the problem resolved by setting the printer with the equivalent time:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/Scan-to-Network-Folder-Setup-for-Officejet-Pro...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.