Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo Model 7155
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I setup the printer using the setup cartridge - when I was empty I tried to install a New HP Ink Cartridge - but the printer keeps asking for the "setup cartridge" then trys to print an alignment page after I reinstall the "setup Cartridge".  As the cartridge is emply, nothing prints. It is stuck on the and I have tried the Power Off for 3 minutes, solution, but nothing works.  The printer DEMANDS that I install the setup cartridge (which is emply) then trys to print.  How do I break the cycle or how do I do a FACTORY RESET.  If I do a Factory reset, I don't have a setup cartridge with ink.  

As anternate, how to I return thi to HP.

Joe Murdock

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@losgatosjoetoo,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I am sending you a private message suggesting next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your "fix" did not work - but I was able to get the setup cartridge to print an alignment sheet and a "printer status report"

but the printer still insists that I use the setup cartridge, evan after the alighment was printer.  Any suggestions other than a  "chat"?

Joe

HP Recommended

@losgatosjoetoo

Thank you for your reply.

As @The_Fossette is out of the office today, I'm replying to you.

I understand that the printer says to use the setup ink cartridges. I have sent you a the steps to perform a specific type of reset on the printer and that should make the user setup ink cartridge go away.

After this you should be able to use your HP printer.

Please review the steps form my private message.

Hope that helps. Let me know. 

Cheers! 

HP Recommended

I did go to"chat" and went through the suggestions again - but the agent agreed that I had a problem - 

I thought we agreed that I needed a "New" setup catridge, and waited for 8 days for the replacement setup ink 

cartridge.  When it came, it was NOT a new setup up cartridge, but was two NEW regular ink cartridges.

I went to "chat" again, then was ask to go through the diagnostic routines AGAIN - about 30 to 45 minutes. Then was

informed that HP DOES NOT EVER send replacement setup cartridges. The matter was then sent to a "case manager"

that would call me back in 24 to 48 work hours.

My friend is stuck with a NEW printer that does not work.  this is not my printer - I am helping a friend  - an older lady 

that wa not able to cope with a new printer that does not work.  

I guess the only solution is to return it under the warantee.  How does she go about returning it?

Any ideas

Joe Murdock

HP Recommended

@losgatosjoetoo

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any.  You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends).  

Response times may vary by region. Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.