Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-17-2023 05:42 PM
Im Older so not very good with computers. Everything was working fine. Then Install Error 0x80070103 comes up when I tried to print using my desktop computer. But I can still print using my phone. how do I correct this error in easy to understand way for a older person to do please.
03-21-2023 03:55 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting an installation error, I am glad to assist you.
This seems to be a driver issue, follow these steps to fix the issue.
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install the printer using the HP Smart app
Click here to download
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community