Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 6950 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

I tried to install HP Officejet 6950 on my Windows 11 laptop with USB cable. After hours of trouble I got the printing to work, but scanning not possible. I get the error message that I should enable scanning to computer, but I do not find how I can do this. And now even printing does not work anymore. I have no idea what went wrong again. I must say that HP makes it extremely difficult for someone like me to install a printer/scanner. Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TVW1

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What's the application you are trying to scan from? 
  • Have you tried scanning from a different application or device? 

Download the HP Smart app, and then follow the instructions to set up a USB connection in Windows.

• If you already connected the printer USB cable to your computer, disconnect it, and then remove the printer from your computer.
  • Search for and open Printers & scanners, and then select the name of your printer from the list. Click Remove device, click Yes, and then restart the computer.
  • Make sure an open USB port is available on your computer. Do not connect the printer to a USB hub or docking station as the printer might not receive enough power to operate properly.
  • Go to HP Smart - Microsoft Store and install the HP Smart app.
  • Open the app, and then follow the guided installation to complete the setup. If the setup does not begin automatically, click the Plus sign to add your printer.

And, also refer to the article: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2275901-2074064-16 By the end of the article you will be able to isolate the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.