Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-09-2022 04:54 AM
Product: LaserJet M209dw
Operating System: macOS 10.15 Catalina
I have issue setting up LaserJet M209dw printer using HP Smart apps for iOS and MacOS. Everything is up to date - OS, HP Smart apps and printer firmware.
- tried from multiple Macs and iPhones - it is always the same - I get the error code UU_500_EB000A9905;
- performed factory reset from the Web interface and tried to set it up again from beginning, again it is the same issue;
- I'm stuck in the loop - printer connects fine to WiFi, I pick the settings for my country and then it gives me error message with message to retry setup again later;
- pressing ( i ) button prints out all details for the printer and shows it is connected to WiFi, but I cannot print anything - neither from phone or computer;
- I did re-installs, revoked login permissions from the HP profile, then logged in again but it is always the same in the end - the error code;
- printer is brand new, bought in June and worked only for short time (like a week).
Thank you for assistance.
1 REPLY 1
08-23-2022 03:31 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting errors while installing the printer, I am glad to assist you.
Uninstall the HP Smart app and reinstall it to fix the issue:-
- please delete from /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/HP Smart. Then delete HP Smart from the Applications folder and reinstall it from the Mac App Store.
- Refer to this HP document for the steps to install HP smart app:- Click here
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community