cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
DIM_62
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

LaserJet Pro P1102 Printer -- Wireless Setup

HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro P1102
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to setup up a LaserJet Pro P1102 for a wireless connection.  It works with a direct USB connection.  I don't have the installation CD.  I retrieved the installation file from:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/closure/hp-laserjet-pro-p1102-printer-series/411039...

The file there is:  

HP LaserJet Pro P1100, P1560, P1600 Series Full Feature Software and Driver 

157.1 MB 

hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v20180815-50157036.exe

When I run the installer (on two different laptops running Windows 10), I reach 77% completion on extracting the files, then fail with a message "Can not delete output file".  Is there a workaround or another installer I can run?

Thanks ... Tim

2 REPLIES 2
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,297 31,011 5,345 12,446
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Tim,

browse to C: drive and delete the LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution folder.

Next run the installation file once again.

If no installation appears upon extraction, right click the start button and select Run, then paste below path and press OK to start the installation:

C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution\HpSetup.exe

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
DIM_62
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You rock!

That worked.  There was a small issue that the deletion was held up because some files were in use.  I used to Task Manager to shut down a couple HP tasks that looked like they might be left over (probably would be safer to reboot, I guess).  That allowed the deletion to complete.  When I reran the extraction, it completely successfully and I was able to do the configuration.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation