Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 8600 all in one 911
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The network path is entered correctly. \\mynetworkdrivefakename\Scan

I know my Windows login and password however keep getting error in scan to folder setup

Network Connection Folder "Connection Failed"

This used to work but I reset the printer because my wd network hard drive upgraded its firmware which printer no longer recognized. I have tried logins and passwords for any devices on my network (windows local, router, wd net drive) and none will connect to scan folder in EWS.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please ensure that SMBv1 is enabled for your computer, the printer require SMBv1 to be enabled to connect to a shared folder.

From the Control Panel select Uninstall a Program, then press on Turn Windows features on or off and check SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support among any of its sub-options, then follow the steps on screen to enable the feature and test the profile for the printer again.

Note: Microsoft has released security update MS17-010 that resolves the SMB version 1 vulnerability used by the WannaCry attack, please ensure it is installed on your computer:

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Still not working. I am running win10 pro. Are you suggesting downloading some microsoft update? Which one? The link you referenced goes only as high vista sp2.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.