Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 6950
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Now using MS Office for Mac, via Office Home & Student 2019 ( previous to this I had been using MS Office 365). Wondered if this is cause of problem?

Always used the both sides facility printing from Word, "paper handling". Now the Print "Box" doesn't show this facility. Instead it will say "using one sheet of paper" which I took to mean printing on both sides, but, no, it prints two sheets of paper, not one!

It's driving me nuts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Suddenly, without doing anything different, the "old "and familiar Print box appeared, with its facility for printing both sides. Then the printing stopped and I got the Message:

"Paper size mismatch

The paper size detected by the printer sensor does not match the paper size selected by in software.

If the paper loaded in the printer is the correct size, change the selected paper size in your software and re-send the print job.

If the paper loaded in the printer is not the correct size, change the paper and re-send the print job.

To cancel the print job, click Cancel Print"

AND the paper jammed. 

I have cleared the jam 

It seems, somehow the default paper size had changed from A4. Eventually, with much trial and error, I have printed a two sided document.

Sorry to have troubled the Community. I have solved my own problem!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Suddenly, without doing anything different, the "old "and familiar Print box appeared, with its facility for printing both sides. Then the printing stopped and I got the Message:

"Paper size mismatch

The paper size detected by the printer sensor does not match the paper size selected by in software.

If the paper loaded in the printer is the correct size, change the selected paper size in your software and re-send the print job.

If the paper loaded in the printer is not the correct size, change the paper and re-send the print job.

To cancel the print job, click Cancel Print"

AND the paper jammed. 

I have cleared the jam 

It seems, somehow the default paper size had changed from A4. Eventually, with much trial and error, I have printed a two sided document.

Sorry to have troubled the Community. I have solved my own problem!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.