Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I finally got around to creating a new admin account and tried installing the software and got the same symptoms: software unpacks and then nothing else happens, no install processes running per task manager.

I then went back to my regular account and tried turning off all of the firewalls and the same thing happened.  So I turned off all Defender anti-virus protection and the same thing happened.

I am getting really frustrated.  My tax guy wanted me to scan a document and send it to him.  I had to dust off the fax machine...

HP Recommended

@mark0ls0n,

Thanks for the update,

I understand you are having issues installing the printer software. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this.

Regarding scanning, I would suggest you could try to use HP Smart, Go to HP Smart and download and install the use this app for scanning and check if that works!

Alternatively, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support so that they can remotely take control of your PC and help you check the settings.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: 

1. Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  2. 2) Click on “Continue as guest”.
  3. 3) Enter the serial of your device.
  4. 4) Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. 5) Click on “Show Options”.

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Scan and capture can't find the device, even when given the IP address.

HP Scan can't find the imaging device.

HP Smart just gives me a blank window.

Thanks for the process to contact HP support.  I suspect I am at the end of my abillities...

I will contact them.

Mark

HP Recommended

@mark0ls0n

You're most welcome. 

As @Jeet_singh is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I truly appreciate your efforts and patience. 

Hope this works out and you printer works great. 

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

So the solution is to contact support?  Not a great solution.

HP Recommended

@eskemojoe007

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any.  You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends).  

Response times may vary by region. Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

HP Recommended

I had the exact same problem as Mark above after installing Win 10 clean on two machines and dowloading the indicated .exe.  Scanning was not working on either.  Turns out the issue is that that software does not install drivers for the scanner, duh!?!

Issue was solved following this suggestion  , which installs the drivers and the old Scan-To software.

"Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.

Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
Double click HpSetup.exe, follow the installation and check for any difference."

You guys are useless. 

Jack

HP Recommended

Jack135,

Thanks so much fr your post.  Unfortunately I don't have any HP install folders in my temp directory.  Any idea how to get it there?

I have not had the time to call the HP support people per their suggestion.  When I need to scan, I have been powering up my crippled old Win 8.1 machine...

HP Recommended

Never mind Jack, I downloaded the latest LaserJet Pro M1212nf HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver software, disabled the firewall and installed it, which extracted all of the files.  Then I went to the %tem% directory and the 7Z directory was there.  Following your instructions, it all installed.  Now on to test it...

And, it works!

I agree.  Worthless.

HP Recommended

Hi Mark,

It worked after clean Win 10 installs on two different computers.   I turned off the firewall and installed .net Framework 3.5 when asked.  Now I use Scan-To, which works like a charm, as it did on Win 7.

Hpe it worked for you.

Jack

Afterwords I uninstalled all the software that was recommended earlier in one place or another to solve the problem (HP Smart, HP Scan and Capture, etc.) 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.