Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
M2070FW

Dear all

I have bought a printer and it worked without a problem until the end of the warranty.

Now when I turn on the printer in the 80% of the time I have the printer stucked with an information on the display: "wait image".

And I cannot move from this state until I unplug the power.

Considering that the warranty of the item is expired, I would like to avoid the assistence center because the cost of the operation is equal to the cost of a new printer.

I don't know exatly the root causse of the problem, but first of all I would like refresh the current firmware of the printer.

On the HP page (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05813878) I found some printers but not the SL/M2070FW, moreover I found only the last firmware, meanwhile I would like to have the original one that I have.

Where I can find it?

Someone has an idea of the problem ?

Thanks for ypour help

Best Regards

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Hello, did you ever find a fix to this problem?
HP Recommended

Hey guys, this is what worked for me. My printer is model M2070FW.

1. Download your model from https://www.samsungcloudprint.com/download_firmware.html

2. Once downloaded, extract the file.

3. Unplug your printer from the power source.

4. Plug in your printer to your PC with the USB connection.

5. Hold down the red stop/clear button on the printer and then plug the printer back in to the power source.

6. The printer should enter "download mode"

7. Drag the file ending in ".hd" to the usblist2.

8. The printer should start updating.

9. Wait for the update to finnish. Check the printers display for update percentage.

10. Once the update is completed, your printer is back to working condition!

I Hope I was able to help at least one person out there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.