Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OFFICE JET PRO ALL-IN-ONE PRO 8600 N911A
macOS 10.15 Catalina

On start up get multiple notices from Catalina: Framework (etc.) will damage your computer (over last 2-3 days). possibly out of date.

HP support apps suggested to upgrade drovers, etc. do not run (App not Responding.)

HP Easy Admin for mac

HP Printer Essentials S-5-14-8-4 pkg

HP Easy Start 

Don't know how else to update software and drivers.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

When you say do not run, do you mean you can not download them? What happens when you try to run the package I linked elsewhere? 

HP Recommended

I downloaded all of the programs, or apps, or html suggested, then clicked on them to create the programs now located in Applications. None ran as per: “HPDM.framework” will damage your computer....

Programs, and html tried not getting anywhere - unable to download latest programs or drivers, or uninstall then install.

0. Original problem: get multiple apple error messages 

1. had downloaded and tried to run HP Utility

2. __ HP Easy Admin for macOS to download print and scan solutions _ HP® Customer Support.html connected me to HP Support.

Got HP Easy start.zip from HP Easy admin html - downloaded and created created HpEasystart.app.

These two  ran and loaded the symbol to the menu at bottom,

when clicked none would  run...did not respond - said "application not responding" when right click - also said I could Force quit.

3. HP Smart ran ,showed printer name, but said was offline (it was not)

Buttons show on screen for menu items like support--

support told me to type problem to virtual support ( I did that the first day - could not help)

4. HP Printer Diagnostic Tools – Automated fix for printing & scanning problems

seemed to connect to support. There are no buttons to actually fix the problem I have, or to uninstall or install the program making ther errors. Or to uninstall install the printer.

5. I tried  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/printers... to download drivers.

It would not download drivers, just HP Easy Start - which did not work.

Alan

HP Recommended

@BryanCustomPure has a link that helps to ultimately root out the darn errors. However, his steps only solved 2 of the 3 HPPrinter-related error messages(I had 3 of them in total, including the HPDM one). After installing the pkg from Bryan's link, I took the extra step of moving to trash bin the actual Unix-Ex program called "HPDM", restarted again and reinstalled my OfficeJet Pro 6968 and voila! The HPDM error message totally went away and my printer started working again on my MBPro.

HP Recommended

It would be good to have "Bryans" link mentioned above. Need something to work.

I found a solution on another post answered by Bryan.

I tried it exactly - uninstalling and re-installing using Apple and the "Essentials" mentioned in procedure:

IT STILL HAS THE SAME PROBLEM.

EVIDENTLY HP TOLD APPLE IT WAS OK TO TAKE DATE OFF CERTIFICATES.

MAYBE HP SHOULD WORK THIS OUT WITH APPLE FOR ALL OF THE MACBOOK USERS THAT WILL HAVE THIS PROBLEM.

THIS PROCEDURE (THE FIFTH MENTIONED) DOES NOT WORK EITHER:

‎10-26-2020 09:13 AM - edited ‎10-26-2020 09:17 AM

-=-=-=-=-=-=-==

The solution seems to be to doing things IN THIS ORDER:

Uninstall your printer USING THIS METHOD ONLY (NOT EASY START, NOT EASY ADMIN): Apple Logo (Upper Left of Screen)/System Preferences/Printers & Scanners. Then restart your computer.

Download (and install) this package (From HP FTP) which will update drivers AND THE CERTIFICATE:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen...
 If the link comes up blank, try right/control clicking and saving it. Or right/control click and copy link, and paste into browser bar. Use a different browser to download (Firefox? Chrome?) and try running it directly from the "downloads" area of the browser. There should be a way to get it to run. This is directly from the HP FTP- it is not malware.

The install takes a bit. Let it run, even if it seems like it stalled out! When it completes, restart.

Then reinstall your printer using: Apple Logo (Upper Left of Screen)/System Preferences/Printers & Scanners, and use the default drivers. If drivers do not show up, download and install the 5.1 driver package from here: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US . Then restart your computer.

It is NOT the same as the driver package, Easy Start, or Easy Admin other people are recommending.

If this solved your issue, please thumbs up and mark as solved!

If that doesn't work, start a new thread, and PM me with the link, and I'll help you there.

Also, BTW, this is NOT malware, it is mistaken, due to a snafu caused by HP requesting Apple de-certify their drivers without realizing the impact. Apple did so in their last security update they pushed.

-=-=-=

FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS YOU GAVE ANOTHER USER TO A “T”.

STILL HAVE SAME PROBLEM…

HP Recommended

Try uninstalling devices, then delete your HP folder. Use the HP uninstallation tool.Then download the package.  If you get the malware warning part-way through the installation, go to System Preferences>Security & Privacy where you can tick a box and unblock the HP option. Install the package. Try Easy Start (unless your device is not supported): https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-easy-start/7376041 . Check devices in "Printers & Scanners" and if your printer isn't there, try reinstalling the printer again.

Let me know how it goes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.