Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laser Jet M1005
Other

HP is Kindly requested to release the Updated software of Mac OS 12.0.1 from Mac OS 12 at the earliest.

Screenshot 2021-11-11 at 6.43.19 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

macOS 12.0.1 is a minor revision.  HP only categorizes driver compatibility on the major releases.  Starting with macOS 11, major releases are only the first significant digit.  Big Sur (macOS 11) and Monterey (macOS 12).  This is a change from macOS 10 where the second significant digit was the major OS roll.

The driver rated for macOS 12 will be the same for macOS 12.0.1, 12.1, 12.2 etc.

The driver may need to be updated if something breaks but the compatibility will still show as "macOS 12" as that encompasses all versions of macOS 12.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

I installed the driver as presented in the above image, but during installation i get a prompt saying that the version is only available for mac os 12.0 so could not be installed.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.

When I try to install I get the failure This update requires macOS version 12.0 or earlier.

Is there a way to work around or avoid this failure during installation? I have another MBA where I upgraded and I can see the driver works without any issues, so it feels like if we can go beyond this error we can use this on 12.0.1.

While we wait for HP to fix this is there a way to copy the install files manually as the installer fails?

HP Recommended

I was able to use the steps given here to install the driver.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/monterrey-and-hp-printers.2319676/post-30525559

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.