Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M521dw

HP ScanJet Pro N4000 snw1

Below you can see a list of my setup with that I have an issue since Mac OS Sonoma. Before Sonoma I had near no issues.

In Detail:

- Scanner is not detected by Bonjour (HP Easy Start)

- Scanner can be deteced by IP Address and uses Driver v10.4

- Scanner is selectable in HP Easy Scan Version 1.11.0 (210909) but prints an error (scanner not available)

- Printer is installable via Bonjour (HP Easy Start)

- All printet documents endup in printing queue, queue prints message that printer is not available

- Printer installed via IP Address (Airprint, v3.0), the only way to get a page printed

HP Easy Start (2.14.0.231016)

- Can't install ScanJet.

- Scanner isn't found via Bonjour

- Scanner is found by IP Address, but can't communicate via Bonjour and setup can't continue

- LaserJet is detected via Bonjour but printing doesn't work after installation

HP Easy Scan

- Version 1.11.0 (210909) recovered from backup does start, scanning doesn't work 

- Version 2.0.0, latest Version from the App Store crashes at startup on my M1 (see picture), the reviews in the App Store are disastrous

- Installing HP Easy Scan with HP Easy Start doesn't work (no error, no new version on disk ...)

Let's see if support has any idea here. Because this is not the first time HP shows issues with support of Mac OS I think about to change vendor. I would appreciate if someone has a good recommendation for a laser printer and a scanner similar to N4000 that works well on Mac.

Greetings!

--

Mac OS Sonoma

Mac Studio M1

Fritzbox 5590

HP Easy Start

HP Easy ScanBildschirmfoto 2024-04-14 um 11.07.42.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have an update to

HP Easy Start (2.14.0.231016)

I could manage to install the driver of the scanner:

1. open http:://$Your-Scanner-IP

2. switch to network settings

3. disable bonjour 

4. enable bonjour

Then start Easy Start and try to install the scanner using its IP address. Whenever Easy Scan doesn't succeed, reports an error, can't communicate with the scanner etc. then repeat step 1-4 and retry in Easy Scan or wait some seconds until Easy Scan continues.

I could finally manage to get the scanner re-installed. Fun part, Easy Scan offers to install a HP Easy Scan Version 2.0.2. This succeeds. But after start its crashing with the screen from my previous post. And the crash screen shows Version 2.0.0.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.