Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet F4180
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Help!  I have  Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.1 and I need drivers for my Deskjet F4180 but can't find them.  The support page does not seem to have any drivers, just a patch which isn't enough to get it installed.  Thanks!!!!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, and HP hotline told me some days ago that there is a solution, I hace to post my question on this forum, and a HP technicien will give us the answer with details and photos... I have no answer ... And you ? Have you found a solution ?

HP Recommended

@StanB111, Welcome to HP Support Community!

HP Deskjet F4180 driver for macOS 11 is not available from the HP website or Apple Software Update. However, Gutenprint (formerly called Gimp-Print) provides open-source basic print drivers for many printers that would otherwise not be supported in Mac OS X. To see if your printer is supported, go to Gutenprint drivers for more information.

NOTE: Gutenprint drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for this information ... but I think you had a look on the Gutenprint's list.

As me, if I see well,  you saw that my HP Deskjet F4180 is not included (just HP Deskjet 4100).

But if you proposed me to check this list, I suppose that you think about a equivalent printer in the list which would be compatible with F4180.

What do you propose concretely ? What is the solution in my context ? The HP hotline told me that there is a solution, and that a a HP technicien will give me it on the forum ?

I can't imagine that HP want I buy a new printer because I moves to Big Sur !... It would be crazy, my printer worked very well until now !

Please, HELP ! Thanks a lot ...

HP Recommended

@Alain10

I understand your concern. Unfortunately, we do not have any workaround for this issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is a "scandale" that HP does'nt provide driver for this printer, it is not old !!!!!!!!!!

HP hotline told that there is a solution, please give me it ....

Do you think that "HP Deskjet 4100" would be compatible, for example ? or anything else ?

Have I to put my printer in the garbage can ?

Grrrrrrrrrr .....

HP Recommended

I'm sorry but this is not an acceptable solution. HP is being utterly unprofessional and unethical by not providing drivers for their own printers. 

I can not print anymore from any up-to-date Mac computer. Be sure that if I have to replace my printer, it will never be an HP. As a professional in IT, I'll make sure not to be buy HP products anymore.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.