Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion g6 series
Linux

No HP coolsense driver found for linux os . [edit]

Please provide the driver as soon as possible . 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi

Could you please expand on the

MAKE, MODEL, OS and SKU?

Results for " HP Pavillion g6 series" (51)

HP CoolSense requires accelerometer and thermal control hardware only available on select computers.

HP Recommended

My Laptop Details . HP Pavilion g6-2229tu Notebook PC

OS - ubuntu 18.04 

HP Recommended

No drivers for Linux OS found OnlyWindows.png

HP Recommended

Hi

Do you have the accelerometer installed?

HP do not supply directly any Linux Drivers, it's upto you to find or create your own.

The drivers are not really missing, they don't actually exist on the site.

HP Recommended

I cannot see any Coolsense Software under W8.1 for your PC.

Can you please link to it.

HP Recommended

Dear CF4 ,

Its listed in windows 7 64 bit . I installed all the drivers for HP from your official website . Thats why I asked for this particular driver . I know there are no drivers for Linux os from HP but I request you people to create drivers for even    Linux OS .

When coming to Windows OS even they also provide their own drivers from windows update and there is no need for HP drivers .But still you people manufactured the product so its your duty to provide drivers irrespective of any operating system .

Most of the comapnies like Google,Amazon,Facebook,Cisco etc use Linux OS  . 

I hope you will take this problem seriously .  

Screenshot from 2018-08-31 15-36-28.png

Thank you .

HP Recommended

Hi

Here it is

HP CoolSense Technology

2.10.516.4 MBDec 3, 2012Download

Under linux you would want to install and use WINE.  I doubt Install Ndiswrapper  would work.

I aint "you people "

I suggest you contact HP with the offer to pay for support, rather than a volunteer run forum.

Also you could research if you can make a power plan in Linux to suit.  Coolsense supposedly has an accelerometer somewhere that detects a static device and adjusts the cooling according to some pre-set conditions.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/121586/enable-hp-coolsense-on-ubuntu

I'm afraid there's no alternative to HP "coolsense", but if you want to control fan speeds follow these steps:

first you need a way to monitor system temperature and fan speeds

sudo apt-get install lm-sensors sudo sensors-detect

answer yes to all questions and reboot

sudo pwmconfig

follow the instructions and

sudo sensors -s

to check the temperature run:

sensors

to run fan control run:

sudo /usr/sbin/fancontrol &

if you are running ubuntu 12.04 or 12.10 then sensors will be present in the top bar

source: tuxtweaks

##########

But still you people manufactured the product so its your duty to provide drivers irrespective of any operating system .

So if you create your own bespoke OS, as I have, why would HP have a responsibility for that OS?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.