Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer is giving me an error message that says: The printhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed. I've tried to unplug the power cord and restart the printer but this did not work. I read this here in the community. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Catlady123

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04100778 based on the Cartridge type

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Catlady123

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04100778 based on the Cartridge type

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for helping me. Unfortunately, the troubleshooting did not work. I ordered a new printer. The HP 6700 all in one was 8 years old. It was time. Thank you so much! Have the best day possible! Catlady123

HP Recommended

Hello KrazyToad,

I clicked on Solution Accepted. The information and guidance was extremely helpful. Even thought I had to buy a new printer, I wanted to do all I could  to see if the old one could be fixed. Best, Catlady123. The Printhead can not be replaced in my case.Have a good day.

HP Recommended

@Catlady123

Thanks for keeping me posted

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have taken the printhead out and put back in 3 times; does not help.  I have unplugged 2 things in the back and replaced.  I have taken out the ink cartridges out and replaced  - still nothing.   I have printed the diagostic and nothing.  the Print quality, align printhead, clean printhead & line feed calibration.  The first time I did - got the print quality was OK but the rest were missing a lot of stuff.   Can this be fixed or should I just get a new printer?

HP Recommended

I did all of the troubleshooting as well. I got a new printer. Get a new printer. That is the best thing to do at this time. Thank you for sharing your experience with me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.