Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Ink Tank 310
Chrome OS

Recently I bought HP CHROMEBOOK 11 A and tried to connect it with my Printer (Hp ink tank 310) through usb cable. In the printer settings the printer option displays but when I went to save it. The option doesn't allows me to add or save printer just a pop up displays saying the printer is no longer available. Though I had checked the compatibility in the catalogue of HP linux imaging and printing supported list of printer and the printer is in the list of supported printers. In my windows laptop the printer us working fine and shows no issue of compatibility. I have also updated the chrome OS to 105 (latest version). Please tell me the way to solve this problem. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @RC107
Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing issues with printing from HP Chromebook.

Please follow the steps listed below to print from your HP Chromebook.
1. Open the Chrome browser, and then go to this Link
HP Print for Chrome app window opens.
2. Click ADD TO CHROME, and then follow the on-screen instructions. The HP Print for Chrome window opens.
3. Close the window, and then continue to the next step.
4. From the Chrome browser, open the document or image you want to print.
5. Click the Print icon. The Print window opens.
6. Under Destination, click the Change button. Select a destination window opens.
7. Under Print Destinations, select your printer.
8. Change any print settings if necessary, and then click Print.

You may also refer to this document.

Let me know if this works.
Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you so very much for yours prompt reply... Taking cues from yours advices, I had tried this step but in print option under more sub menu right after save as pdf option the printer shows its availability but whenever I try to select the printer the red coloured message displays alongside the available printer option as error setting up printer. As I had told before that in my chromebook's print setting my usb printer shows its availability but I can't set it up or save it... It always says printer is no longer available and in chrome print option the printer shows error message as error setting up printer. Another thing I want to inform to you that I also print my documents through my home windows laptop and it prints without any hiccup. I have also added the printer with hp support assistant software installed in my windows laptop. I think (though I'm not sure) may be the windows connected printer shows unavailability for chromebook printer (I had read about it in somewhere that chromebook identifies the windows connected printer as classic printer and thus it shows error. And in troubleshooting way it was said that first I need to remove the printer saved configuration from any windows laptop or platform). Please help me if possible 

HP Recommended

Please help me to resolve the issue 

HP Recommended

Hi @RC107
Thank you for replying to us.

I suggest that you follow the steps listed below to connect printer using USB cable:
1. Open the Chrome browser, and then go to the link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hp-print-for-chrome/cjanmonomjogheabiocdamfpknlpdehm
HP Print for Chrome app window opens.
2. Click ADD TO CHROME, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
The HP Print for Chrome window opens.
3. Close the window, and then continue to the next step.
4. Plug the USB cable into your printer (usually at the back), then connect the other end to one of your computer’s USB ports. Switch the printer on and allow it to boot before trying to print anything.
5. Go to your Google Drive, find the document you want to print, open it, and double-check it’s ready for printing.
6. From the File menu, select Print. A new window will appear titled “Select a destination”, allowing you to choose the settings you require for this printing task.
7. The new window contains three sub-sections; Recent Destinations, Local Destinations, and Google Cloud Print. Under Local Destinations > the printer you have connected via USB should be listed > select this printer.
8. The final step is to press the Print button at the bottom of the window. Your printer should begin working immediately and deliver the requested document. If not, there could be a connection or setting issue so try checking your cables again, ensuring the printer is powered on and you’ve selected the right printer in the window option.

Let me know if this works.
Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

No sir.... My problem has not been resolved at all.... Why do I need to transfer my files to Google drive when I can't print from my folder or from Google chrome browser!!.... Then the process will seem eating food from the back of my ear not from mouth.... It's OK.... Let me live with my Printer issue... Because it won't resolve at all

Thank you so very much for yours quality time sir 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.