Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5660
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

When I tried to set up the Web Services, I got an error. 

The error is "Server problem. The printer could not connect to Web Services. The server might be busy or temporary unavilable. Try it again later."

I am connected to the internet (WiFi) and the Internet connection is no problem.  I have had this problem for 2days. I would appreciate any your advice.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Read my previous post first or you can try to set up Web Services using the printer control panel...

1. From the printer control panel display, touch Setup.

2. Touch Web Services Setup.

3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services.

4. In the Auto Update screen, touch Yes to allow the printer to automatically check for and install product updates.

➡️NOTE: If a printer update is available, the printer will download and install the update, and then restart. You will have to repeat the instructions from step 1 to set up ePrint.

➡️NOTE: If prompted for proxy settings and if your network uses proxy settings, follow the on- screen instructions to set up a proxy server. If you do not have the proxy details, contact your network administrator or the person who set up the network.

5. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.

💡You can update your drivers, access this page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Have you created an account at www.hpeprint.com already?

If not, you will need to do this before Web Services will work.

HP Recommended

Yes, I have a account at www.hpeprint.com. 

I called HP customer service, but I still have the same problem...

HP Recommended
Use a web browser and connect to the IP address of your printer.

Take a look at the settings page for a Web Services.
HP Recommended
Go to...
https://www.hpconnected.com/uk/en/#devices/

Is your device shown here as a registered and online?

If not then you will need to Add a Device and enter the claim code from your printer.
HP Recommended

No. I tried to add a device and enter the claim code from my primter. But when I try to get the claim code, the web services needs to be enabled. So i couldn't add a device.

HP Recommended
Use a web browser on a PC that is connected to the same network as your printer. In the address bar simply enter the IP address of your printer, this should call up the EWS (Embedded Web Server) pages.

Look at the settings here and try to enable Web Services if not already.

What is the IP address of your printer?
Provide the address, subnet mask, gateway and DNS settings please.

Did you manually set the address or did this get it from your home router via DHCP?

I assume a PC on the same network can get to the Internet without any issues?
HP Recommended

Read my previous post first or you can try to set up Web Services using the printer control panel...

1. From the printer control panel display, touch Setup.

2. Touch Web Services Setup.

3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services.

4. In the Auto Update screen, touch Yes to allow the printer to automatically check for and install product updates.

➡️NOTE: If a printer update is available, the printer will download and install the update, and then restart. You will have to repeat the instructions from step 1 to set up ePrint.

➡️NOTE: If prompted for proxy settings and if your network uses proxy settings, follow the on- screen instructions to set up a proxy server. If you do not have the proxy details, contact your network administrator or the person who set up the network.

5. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.

💡You can update your drivers, access this page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers 

HP Recommended

I did your instruction, but i still had the same problem. However, after i printed web access test report, changed the date on my printer, and auto-off is on, my printer was somehow able to connected the web services! Thank you very much for all your advices!

HP Recommended

Was the date on the printer set incorrectly?

What was the date before you changed it?

Some internet services use date & time to prevent abuse, for example, try logging on to your bank internet services if the clock on the PC is wrong!

Anyway, glad it is up and running, great job for seeing through to a successful resolution :Wink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.