Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 5510

My printer has been working fine and yesterday it started printing out blank pages. All of my ink is new and the printer shows that the ink levels are usable. I have cleaned the printerhead three times, cleaned the ink smear, and aligned the printer. I re-started my computer, printer, and wireless network. I have tried to find solutions on the internet and none of them have worked. This is my last option before I simply buy a new printer.  I appreciate all suggestions, thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey there! @lalapin, Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I understand when you print from your printer the printer is printing blank pages.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from your printer?

Have you tried printing using a different application?

Have you tried checking with a different ink cartridge?

Please share the operating system you are running on your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned when you print from your printer it is printing blank pages.

Replace low or empty ink cartridges on your printer.

If the copy works fine on your printer try to uninstall the printer software from root level and install the full feature printer software on your PC.

Try the steps recommended below.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features. 
Select your HP printer. 
Select Uninstall. 
In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers. 
In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.” 
Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo. 
Type printui.exe /s and click OK. 
Click on Drivers tab. 
Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom. 
Select OK. 
Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows. 
Close Devices and Printers.

Update the full feature printer software using this link: https://hp.care/2Ka6okw

Also, update the printer firmware and check if it helps.

Change the printer spooler option in printer properties to print directly to the printer.

1. Search Windows for devices and click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

2. In the list of installed programs, right-click your HP printer name, and then click Printer properties.

You might need to click the name of your printer.

3. Select the Advanced tab.

4. Select the option Print directly to the printer.

5. Click Apply, and then click OK.

An extra page should no longer print from the printer.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot printer printing blank pages. Link: https://hp.care/2KcPvFN

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When I print my PowerPoint presentation it prints blank pages ,, I can print photos and from other programs but only the PowerPoint won’t print ,, my printer is laserjer pro mfp m281dw

the ink is new .. and i  uninstalled and then reinstalled the the software .. i don’t know what to do

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.