Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4655 All-in-One Printer

Is there someone I can speak live.... This happened once before and Costco was able to help me in a few minutes

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @J1mb047 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you are printer goes through the motions but doesn't print, there could be several reasons behind it. 

Here's a troubleshooting guide you can follow:

• Check Ink Levels: Even though you mentioned that the printer has ink, it's still a good idea to verify that there's sufficient ink in all cartridges. Sometimes the ink might not be distributed evenly, or there could be a blockage preventing the ink from reaching the printhead.
  • Run Print Quality Diagnostic: Many printers have a built-in diagnostic tool that can help identify and fix common printing issues. Look for this option in your printer's settings or on the control panel. It might be labeled as "Print Quality Diagnostic" or something similar.
  • Clean Printhead: If the printhead is clogged, it can prevent ink from being properly dispensed onto the paper. Most printers have a printhead cleaning utility accessible through the printer's settings menu. Running this utility may help resolve the issue. Refer to your printer's manual for instructions on how to perform this task.
  • Check Paper Tray: Ensure that the paper tray is loaded correctly with the appropriate type and size of paper. Also, check for any paper jams or obstructions inside the printer that could be preventing the paper from feeding properly.
  • Restart Printer: Sometimes, simply restarting the printer can resolve temporary issues or glitches. Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on again.
  • Update Printer Driver: Outdated or corrupted printer drivers can cause various printing problems. Check if there are any updates available for your printer's driver and install them if necessary. Software and Drivers for HP OfficeJet 4655 All-in-One Printer
  • Check for Error Messages: Look for any error messages or blinking lights on the printer's control panel. These can provide valuable clues about what might be causing the issue.
  • Print a Test Page: Most printers have an option to print a test page directly from the control panel. This can help you determine if the issue is specific to certain documents or if it persists across all print jobs.
  • Try Printing from Another Device: If possible, try printing from a different device (e.g., another computer or a smartphone) to see if the issue is with the printer or the original device.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet 4655 All-in-One Printer User manual

If the issue persists, then I am sorry to hear that  This needs one-on-one interaction  I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.