Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laserjet P1102W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to change from USB to wireless on my old Laserjet P1102W. I have one original DVD provided, but it does not contain HP Smart Install or indeed any install.exe. 123.HP.com is of no help; they provide only Easy Start sw .  My printer is not listed among the choices, and when I select "my device is not listed" I get a generic Easy Start that says it cannot find software to install to this printer and gives me a dead link to go to HP.com for "further support". Any idea where to find the software? Is there a manual wireless setup procedure?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@loucura

I understand you would like to connect the printer and the PC wirelessly. However, you cannot use HP Smart app here as this printer does not support the app.

Kindly perform the steps from - Changing from a USB to a Wireless Connection.

The full-featured printer driver can be downloaded from here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@loucura Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that need HP Smart Install for Laserjet P1102W.

Unforchunately, Your printer model will not support Mobile Print Capability.

Pelase refer to the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03722645

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi. Sorry but we are not quite on the same page. I just want to set up for wireless printing from my desktop. My set-up guide says under "Perform a wireless installation ": "Connect the USB cable between the computer and the product. The HP Smart Install program should start automatically within 30 seconds." This seems to presume that I have the install CD running. I don't seem to have the install disc. I have one marked "HP Laserjet Professional P1100/P1560/P1600 Series." This is labeled CE651-60109-V9.0. It only has documentation on it as far as I can tell. I probably need some legacy software that I was hooping someone could identify and point me to.
Thanks.

+

HP Recommended

@loucura

I understand you would like to connect the printer and the PC wirelessly. However, you cannot use HP Smart app here as this printer does not support the app.

Kindly perform the steps from - Changing from a USB to a Wireless Connection.

The full-featured printer driver can be downloaded from here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. After visiting the recommended doc and after various downloads, I ran HP Wireless Configuration, which did the trick. 

HP Recommended

@loucura

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.