Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp deskjet 3637
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hp Deskjet 3637

I bought a used printer.

I am trying to connect wireless, but the window 10 apps 'HP smart' request me 'Custom password of the Printer'.

I asked the seller, but he didn't know.

How can I find it out and reset it?

123123.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Instead of finding the custom password, just factory reset the printer:

Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

That should reset the printer. Then you should be able to set it up using the default password.

HP Recommended

definitely, I already tried factory reset and printer reset.

but, HP smart app continuously required a custom password...

HP Recommended

Have you tried editing the settings directly?

How to reset an HP wireless printer password manually

1. Access the Home menu on your printer.
  2. Click the Right Arrow.
  3. Select the Setup menu.
  4. Select Network.
  5. Scroll down until you see Restore Network Defaults. Click it.
  6. Click Yes.
  7. Wait until default settings are restored.
HP Recommended

Bryan sorry i have to message u here, but please help me check this link 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/HP-INK-TANK-115-Filter-Fail... 

i need help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.