cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

No setup cartridges for HP8720

HP Recommended
HP8720

Bought a used HP8720.  Seller said it had a brand new printhead, but evidently he never used it or set it up.  No setup cartridges came with the printer.  I get a Supply System Problem warning on all four brand new cartridges I installed.  Any way I can get it set up?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,385 29,105 5,046 11,505
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

What exact error message do you see?

When you insert trade cartridges for a printer not been set up already, you get a clear "Use Setup Cartridges" error, not any other error.

A Supply System Problem will not occur due to using Non-Setup cartridges if the system was not yet initialized.

Do you have genuine HP Cartridges installed? or are those non-HP cartridges?

Also, this may indicate a faulty printhead or may require servicing the printer itself.

I suggest going through the below steps and contact the seller or service the printer with a fee if the problem persists, this is not related to using Set up cartridges or not:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am afraid it does appear to be the lack of set-up cartridges.  I was able to locate 3 of four set-up cartridges (no yellow).  When these were installed the only cartridge reporting a problem with the supply system was the yellow cartridge.  So it is coming up on a non-setup cartridge.  The others reported as depleted (which they are).

I was given the old print head as well, and reinstalling it allowed the printer to work, except the head has irreversible ink nozzle clogs and is useless.  

If there is no work-around, it seems I need a set of set-up carts -- or at least the yellow -- or the printer is useless.

Sad, and disappointing.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation