Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One Printer series - J510

Hi there,

I believe I am not the only one struggling with this: Since the Update for Mac (BigSur) the printer cannot be installed, no software is available. I cannot print. Anyone else has an idea or knows when the new drivers will be ready?

Thank you!

HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One Printer series - J510

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @Expertesp,

I'd like to help!

Try updating mac and printer firmware

To update the printer's firmware, refer - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

To update Mac, try these steps - How to update the software on your Mac

Uninstall the printer software -

1. Click Finder in the Dock.

2. In the menu bar, click Go, click Applications, and then open the HP or Hewlett Packard folder.

a) If HP Uninstaller is in the folder, double click it, and then follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.

b) If HP Uninstaller is not in the folder, continue to the next step.

3. Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.

4. In the menu bar, click Go, click Go to Folder, type /Library/Printers, then click Go.

The Printers folder opens.

5. Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.

6. Restart the Mac.

7. Right-click or Ctrl + click the Trash icon, and then select Empty Trash.

Install the printer software -Software and drivers for HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One Printer series - J510

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hi there!

Thank you for your reply.

Mac already has the updated version (BigSur).

HP no matter where I go tells me, there is no matching update for this printer and my computer. That is the issue.

So unfortunately still not working.

Perhaps there is no software for this printer and the latest Mac Update (yet)?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Were you able to download the drivers from the link?

Let me know!

HP Recommended

As I said: no software available, no drivers to download.

HP Recommended

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

That is what I see:

Are you sure that your Mac is already updated with the new system BigSur?)

Software and drivers for HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One Printer series - J510Choose a different product series
Choose a different OS

We were unable to find drivers for your product.
Try manually selecting your operating system. If your operating system is not listed then HP may not provide driver support for your product with that operating system.

HP Recommended

The drivers are available for mac os 10.12 and not mac os 11.

There is no apple software update for HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One Printer series - J510.

However, Gutenprint (formerly called Gimp-Print) provides open-source basic print drivers for many printers that would otherwise not be supported in Mac OS X. To see if your printer is supported, go to Gutenprint drivers for more information.

NOTE: Gutenprint drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Yes, that's what I said in my first message: There is no software available.

Thanks for confirming now.

Will there be a software released in the future and if yes, when?

or is the GIMP workaround the only option going forward?

HP Recommended

The last update from our end was for mac os 10.12. I suggest you look for alternate drivers.

Hope this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.