Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
00325-80000-00000-AAOEM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer was working fine. Now says "driver unavailable" I have uninstalled several times and reinstalled. Keeps doing the same thing. I've wasted hours trying to figure this out. Any help is appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Charlesf1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are not able to print. Install the printer using the TCP/IP port:

1. On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Remove the existing printer entry > click on Add a printer(at the top) 
  2. Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
  3. Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
  4. Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless/ethernet icon on the printer screen
  5. Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
  6. Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
  7. Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I Have no Idea what I did (No clue on Com or printers) but i followed the instructions and now my printer works again.....so THANK YOU VERY MUCH

HP Recommended

@Starduke

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ihave a similar problem with envy 6240  It suddenly stopped working.  ive reinstalled countless times and even tried installing drivers through contro; panel but still get the same problem  4 full days wasted now and cant use my instant ink that im paying for

HP Recommended

@DanutaS, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Did you install the printer using its IP address as mentioned in my previous post?

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Use the HP Smart app to print and scan from your Win 10 PC

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.