Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 6950
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi - just bought brand-new OfficeJet 6950; install went well on iMac with OSX Sierra, using the HP Easy Start App; but when adding the printer at the end of the setup process, it only offers 'AirPrint' as the driver.  

I have made sure the OS is up-to-date, and have installed version 5.0 of HP drivers from Apple website.  HPs website shows that this printer is fully supported in Sierra.

Is there a Mac driver update due for this printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks @TeK_AcE

Hi @c0rb5

We have checked with the relvant team and confirmed that HP Essentials is now available for your product.

You may want to download and use the software.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Based on this support document, Mac OS Sierra is indeed supported for your printer :

macOS X drivers support
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04473034#Apple_ASU

Did you install the HP Essential software as well as the HP Easy Scan?

If you need help, this example will show you how:

macOS 10 12 Sierra: Download and install software for HP Officejet Pro 6970 

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply. The easy start software didn't offer Essentials software during setup, only easy scan and help pages. Is this because I set up over WiFi rather than USB? Also the video implies you select a different printer, rather than the actual one I have, I.e. Select OfficeJet Pro rather than just OfficeJet.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you have software for other HP printers installed prior to buying the Officejet Pro 6950?

Anyway, can you try this:

From the Applications folder delete any existing HP Scan or HP Easy Scan app.
Delete HP Scan or HP Easy Scan by moving it to trash, then empty the trash.

Ensure the latest software is installed, use this link for your printer:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-6950-all-in-one-printer-series/9666193/...

Also, make sure that your drivers are up to date

> Click on the Apple icon, select About this Mac and then press Software Update
>Click Store on the top menu bar, click Reload Page, click Update All if any updated are available.

For your printer, you should be able to use Officejet 6954 or 6956, but just select your printer model 6950.  The 695X is a family series)

It should offer HP Essentials software. (that's why we requested for your to delete any previous instance).  Doesn't matter if it's wifi or usb.

However, can you ensure that your printer is connected to the same netwrok as your computer?  If you need help, this example will be useful to show you how:

Connecting a printer using Wireless Setup Wizard

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the further tips.  I tried it all, but Apple software is up to date.  I deleted all the existing HP apps and the previous printer (C8180) and re-ran the easy setup software.  It still only offers Easy Scan and Help as the apps to install.

At the moment, I am OK using the Airprint driver as it seems to offer most options for my printer, including double-sided.  The Apple article on the HP Printer Drivers version 5.0, doesn't list my printer - it only goes up to the 6600 I think.

I'm sure it will download at some point!

Andy

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice, we will look into it and will have a solution in 24-48 business hours.

Thanks

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks @TeK_AcE

Hi @c0rb5

We have checked with the relvant team and confirmed that HP Essentials is now available for your product.

You may want to download and use the software.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

You guys are awesome - all installed and now have full printer functionality, including scan-to-mac!  many thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi @c0rb5,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.