Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Any successful fixed? How, please?

HP Recommended

I can confirm that after factory reset the problem is solved. From the printer go to Settings then Printer Maintenance and then select Restore Factory Default s

HP Recommended

Jay_G24,

I did something similar, less extensive, before I saw your post: uninstall all HP software from Add or Remove Programs, remove the printer from Devices and Printers (I already had three copies there), fixed the connectivity issue (network configuration), and install from scratch using the HP Easy Start. Now it works again.

So again, please remove the last firmware version from your update server, so I can upgrade to the last working version without breaking the printer again.

HP Recommended

JF3468,

A factory reset appears to restore the original firmware the printer was shipped with, so it does help. But then you are stuck with the old version because an update will again install the buggy version.

HP Recommended

The new firmware will be released soon.

Till then please set the updates to the manual.

Thank you for your paitence.

HP Recommended

HP 6960

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.