Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro K5400 Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There seams to be no driver available now for this printer for windows 10 x64, can anyone please direct me to a safe link?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Tony1001

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the Officejet K5400 needs win10 drivers,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you attempted to install the windows built-in drivers since there are no HP drivers available for win10?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.

NOTE:

Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.

See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Tony1001

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the Officejet K5400 needs win10 drivers,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you attempted to install the windows built-in drivers since there are no HP drivers available for win10?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.

NOTE:

Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.

See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The Win10 driver update can't find a driver for the HP Officejet Pro K5400 Win10x64. What to do?

Is it possible to find a win7x64 driver?

HP Recommended

Hi, I got this printer working over wired LAN with the Windows Vista 64-bit driver tonight. It takes a bit of action on your part though.

1. Download the BASIC driver package:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL18289/mp-47283-4/OJProK5X00_Basic_8_3.exe

2. Use 7-zip to extract the contents.

3. Run windows control panel and start the wizard to add a new printer. Click my printer is not listed. Choose the my printer is older option. It should then find it on the network.

4. Click have disk when prompted to choose a driver.

5. select the file named hpwk540s.inf in the directory you extracted the driver to. Choose the K5400 option and go on from there.

Try a test page, it should print. Also, all printer preferences seem okay.

PLEASE NOTE - there are some historic connection stability issues with this build of the driver, I haven't found a way to apply the patches to mine (none of the files extracted from the updates match ones that are installed to W10) so they may only affect the USB installation.

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.