Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Officejet Pro 8600 using on IMAC  MACOS Sierra version 10.12 - Using wireless xfinity

I had a quick power outage this morning and now my

Print Selection Only Option has dissappeared and scale prints at 100% no matter what I set it to.

I deleted driver and reinstalled but it still isn't working.  Can't adjust the printing size at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Apparently it was a Firefox glitch - I refreshed the app again and now it seems to be working!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello@LH8

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query.

I see that you have print issues on Officejet Pro 8600 printer, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

Let's try these simple steps :

Step 1: Turn off the printer and turn it back on.

Step 2: Perform the hard reset.

Try the steps below:
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Remove USB cable, if present.
Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Please complete the steps and let me know the outcome.

I'll be eagerly waiting to assist you with same, cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK - I followed your suggestions.   It is still not working correctly - still only printing at 100%

and will not give me the option to Print Selection Only

I also removed my firefox browser and reinstalled it to see if that would help

HP Recommended

Apparently it was a Firefox glitch - I refreshed the app again and now it seems to be working!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.