Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer

The initial problem: My Officejet 4650 will copy and print in color but has quit printing from both of my computers in color (300 dpi chosen).  It prints greyscale instead.  Having tried several methods of updating the printer drivers (all unsuccessful), I tried downloading the recommended HP Print and Scan Doctor.  Version 5.7.1 downloaded and installed OK.  It recognized my printer (HPC7278D) but on Step 2 of "Finding and Fixing Problems" it froze on "Step 2". This page had a number of entries, (Recommended Updates, Print Spooler, Driver check, etc., all with green checks because the app had found no problems.  I had chosen to print a test page and the "test page" button was green.  The screen said, "The printer should have printed out a test-print for evaluation.  If the printer did not print out the test-print click "No Print".  If the printer did print out the test-print please look at it now.  If you would like to evaluate and improve the quality of the print, click "Evaluate Print".  If you are satisfied with the quality of the print, click "Next".

There were 4 buttons: Evaluate Print, No Print, Next, and Back

I clicked "No Print" and the button changed from blue to gray OK, but then the screen froze.  I could not go forward or back and ultimately had to bring up the Task Manager to get the Print and Scan Doctor to close.

I have brand new HP ink cartridges installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @LingoPractico 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing printing issues.

I suggest you reinstall the driver and connect the printer to check if that fixes the issue.

You can follow the steps under this link to uninstall.

Furthermore, you can reinstall using HP Smart App from this link.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.