Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5540 all in one
Other

Since I purchased my new Mac on Bir Sur 11.1, I have not been able to download the driver for my HP ENVY 5540. The printer no longer will recognize my computer because of it, and I cannot scan from the printer's control panel. I was able to download Easy Start to my computer, then the essential software and Easy Scan would not download. What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@syclark89, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Let us try these steps:

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your MAC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, check for any software updates on MAC

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

Have you used HP Smart on the MAC?

Go to the App Store and download the app to print and scan from your MAC.

If the issue persists, do a clean reinstallation. Refer to - Uninstalling HP Printer Software

Click here to download HP Easy Start

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@syclark89, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Let us try these steps:

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your MAC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, check for any software updates on MAC

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

Have you used HP Smart on the MAC?

Go to the App Store and download the app to print and scan from your MAC.

If the issue persists, do a clean reinstallation. Refer to - Uninstalling HP Printer Software

Click here to download HP Easy Start

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was able to finally get my printer to recognize my new computer somehow, I think it involved downloading the essential software (minus easy scan because the download was not completing otherwise), and resetting the printer settings under “printers and scanners” on Mac and adding the printer back as an All on One, then it was able to recognize my computer and I was able enable Scan to Computer. Thanks so much for your suggestions!

HP Recommended

@syclark89

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.