Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 6032e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just bought a new HP Envy 6032e printer which I want to use cabled to my Windows 10 desktop PC (which I use wired to my internet modem).

The data sheet states connectivity to be to a hi-speed USB 2.0 port on a PC. Is it ok to connect to a USB 3.0 port instead as this is much more convenient for set-up?   Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Pete481 

USB 3 ports are almost always backwards compatible with 2.0 USB.

There is no reason to think your PC is any different.

Should be fine.

That said, if you have opted for HP+ service,

USB connection is not an option - the printer must maintain a connection to Web Services (Internet).

If you do not comply with the connection requirement, eventually the printer will complain and stop printing.

References / Resources

Product Specifications for the HP ENVY 6032 All-In-One Printer (5SE19B) 

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY 6032e All-in-One Printer 

Printer and  HP+ service

Open HP+ Printer Homepage > Concierge Help > Click the Contact Us link in the Orange box

Note that Concierge assistance is only available for registered HP+ printers.

NOTE:  Where available, the Homepage website for the non HP+ model includes any missing "Category" sections not found in the HP+ printer site.  What?  The “+” and “not +” printers are the same printer – HP+ is a benefit / service.

READ about the service, benefits, and your responsibilities

HP+ Printing – Website / Information / FAQ

“Print Anywhere App” Supported on Select Printers

HP Printers - Print Anywhere with the HP Smart App

1. Use Print Anywhere

Partial Excerpt:  Share your printer: Allow others to send remote print jobs to your Print Anywhere printer. Enable Private Pickup (HP+ printers only) to hold the print job until the person who sent it is near the printer.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.