cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Emile6
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer Touch screen button not working - cannot print

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8500A

Dear community,

Part of touch screen display of my OfficeJet Pro 8500A printer doesn't work anymore. The right bottom part. After an ink cartridge replacement I end up with a message that requires confirmation in ... the right bottom corner.

I cannot confirm and thus cannot use the printer at all.

In case of an 'out of paper' message, I could hard kill the printer, load paper, restart and continue printing. But in this case that doesn't work - I need to confirm the message that the cartridge is past its expiry date.

I couldn't find a way to confirm this message in a printer manager.

Does anybody have an idea how I get past the confirmation and get the printer working again?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 REPLY 1
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,719 18,696 1,532 1,507
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Emile6, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue. This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation