cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer communication using USB Type C Port and not wireless wifi

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 6P
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have an HP LaserJet 6P laser printer connected to my laptop using my laptops USB Type C Port. The laptop recognizes the serial cable being connected but I cant print out anything from the laptop, even small text samples I made up on the laptop's screen such as sample.txt.

Looking at the user guide for the laptop it doesnt have anything for connecting printers using hardware. Is this HP Laptop designed to only work with wireless printers?

1 REPLY 1
Level 2
Level 2
30 30 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope you are well, that type of cable is not compatible with this model of printer, the correct USB cable is  USB 2.0 A to B  printer cable. 

Most of the printers will work on USB 2.0 ports, for more details please check the printer datasheet.

Regards,

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation