Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 6P
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have an HP LaserJet 6P laser printer connected to my laptop using my laptops USB Type C Port. The laptop recognizes the serial cable being connected but I cant print out anything from the laptop, even small text samples I made up on the laptop's screen such as sample.txt.

Looking at the user guide for the laptop it doesnt have anything for connecting printers using hardware. Is this HP Laptop designed to only work with wireless printers?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope you are well, that type of cable is not compatible with this model of printer, the correct USB cable is  USB 2.0 A to B  printer cable. 

Most of the printers will work on USB 2.0 ports, for more details please check the printer datasheet.

Regards,

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.