Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Well this solution does not work for a Samsung 472x Printer/Scanner which is now a HP product as well. The last driver available is for 10.13. While it was working with Easy Document creator in 10.14 it does not work anymore at all. The printer prints out tens of papers with PCL 6 error messages if it prints anything at all. Not to speak about full resolution scanning or any scanning at all or not to dream anymore about OCR that I payed for when I bought the printer.

Looking at a new printer the only one that seems to be up to date at the launch of 10.15 is brother! @HP come on provide a solution for the Samsung printer devision you bought! Not even my iOS Samsung print app works anymore after upgrading to the new iOS. 

HP Recommended

Hi All and especially HP software engineers 

please do not think your link above is a fix.  With various Macs and a HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 plus the drivers for HP easy scan DO NOT WORK.  This is therefore not resolved and requires an update.

HP Recommended

Hi,

This is not a solution but a workaround, you may scan using  HP Smart or Apple Image Capture with HP Printers.

An update will likely come in the future for HP Easy Scan too.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I followed the link to the software drivers, downloaded the latest driver, dated Oct 9, 2019 and installed the same. When I try to run HP Easy Scan, it opens  and shows my printer. However when I put a document on the scanner table and hit the scan button, it says that it is preparing document. Nothing happens. 

During the install, I did a test scan - and received a message that there was an error on the printer. However, I was not able to get any information pin the error.

I had to resort to using Apple's scanner software to get my scanning done.

Sure hope that HP puts out scanning software that works with MacOS Catalina.

HP Recommended

Tried hp smart on my 8610 and didn't work .... once at adding the printer, says it cannot communicate with the printer

HP Recommended

I've removed the printer/scanner (OfficeJet 4655) and reinstalled. I downloaded that solution posted near the top of this thread and nothing works. The set up goes fine - I can do the test print and test scan just fine. But when I want to scan, I get an error message saying there is no connection. Maddening.

HP Recommended

I got my HP Envy Photo 7855 to work with the update has well. Just one problem now. I can't seem to scan from the scanner bed. It always want's me to scan from the auto feeder document tray. I have the option selected has has "Automatic", so it should work. The scanner works when I do put the paper in the feeder tray, but that isn't the way I want to scan. Did the change affect your scanner functions?

HP Recommended

I had the same problem, then I downloaded the Hp Smart app. Try that and see if it works until another firmware update.

HP Recommended

Frasko,  Thanks for the tip.  It did work, don't mean to sound picky, but the scan quality doesn't appear to be the same. I truly wish HP did more to support their products. I had a problem with my Apple product, not covered by Apple care, and a few days later, I got a phone call and email from them trying to help me out. They didn't charge me either!!! Not like HP says, call them and there might be a charge for the support, since my warranty it out.

I will just stick to using the autofeed tray, just not sure why the flatbed doesn't pick up on the item being on it in the automatic mod.

HP Recommended

Hey, thank you for such great information. I was the same problem in my Macbook[edit]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.