Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

:)))

HP Recommended

The issue for most of us seems to be one cannot scan from the Flatbed using HP Easy Scan, on the other Hand the Auto Document  feeder does work

I have a MacBook Pro13inch

The printer is a OfficeJet Pro 8720. 

Forme to scan from the flatbed I use Image Capture from Mac.

HP need to update HP Easy Scan so that it's compatible with Catalina

Regards

Mikey

HP Recommended

VOILA... your link worked and I am ever so grateful! Between the Mac OS Catalina incompatibility issue, an error message saying my cartridges weren't legit HP (they are!), and a problem with double printing, it all magically corrected itself. YAY!

HP Recommended

FYI, printing does not work from HP Smart on an Officejet 2620 All-in-One printer.  Scanning only works from the document feeder and not the glass scan bed.  This software must still be in development with so many "bugs".

HP Recommended

Seems to me that everything on Catalina is a big deal. It was a pain in the neck getting my scanner to work. I had to do that through my Apple system preferences. When I wanted to use my iPod I had to sync it from my finder window system preferences in my Mac. And even my mail wasn't working right after an update it would not send outgoing mail that was fixed by looking up my provider and finding out what the ports were and correcting whatever Catalina did overnight Catalina had change the outgoingport and uncheck a box. Very annoying I wonder what it's going to do next? The only thing I can say is it's kind of fun trying to figure this stuff out. seems to me the key is anytime you want to do something from another device other than the computer you still have to find a way to use the computer to do whatever motions you need to get the device to work. I could not get Photoshop to work no matter what I did.

HP Recommended

Both the Mac Image Capture and HP Smart app allowed me to scan after the Catalina update, but these are definitely just workarounds. HP needs to provide and update that allows Easy Scan to work properly.... and soon!

HP Recommended

Tried all your suggestions to get my HP Officejet 3830 printing again after installing Mac OS-Catalina.  No dice - nothing so far works.  Not uninstalling and re-installing, not Smart, nada.  Just printer starts up, then sends out white paper.  This is from when I write something on Pages on my MacBook Air, and then try to print it.  I am desperate.  For my home/business I NEED to be able to print!  Help!

HP Recommended

Do you have an Apple store near you? Apple is very good at helping people with this stuff. They may be able to give you a clue what you can do. There's an Apple Store near me and I'm gonna go in there one of these days and tell them they're going to lose a lot of customers if they don't start correcting this problem with the 64-bit 32 bit compatibility problem. I think it's Apple who is we should be annoyed at not Hewlett Packard. I've had three problems since they switched to this Catalina. I had a problem with my email my scanner and downloading books onto the book app. All are solved with much research I do not want to download anything and I didn't have to so far…

HP Recommended

Apple has warned everyone for years about this update. And it was about time they updated to 64-bit. 

It's HP who just haven't kept up with time and, unfortunately, they don't even plan to release drivers for some printers. I have a fairly new printer and toner for 9000 pages that I cannot use now. 

Windows have have 64-bit for years, so looking at the big picture, it's great news that Apple has switched. The problem is - HP does not care about their customers. 

HP Recommended

I had this problem with my Envy 7855: couldn't scan after installing Catalina. Workarounds were inconvenient at best. However, I downloaded the new driver from HP's website last night and it seems to be working fine now. Hope this works for you as well. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.