Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Problem continues. Everything indicates the printer is not turned on.

HP Recommended

@WRS123dick

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for assistance. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

wireless

HP Recommended

Where do I go to install the latest Printer Software and Drivers other then my normal updates. My updates are up to date.

**bleep**.

HP Recommended

Mein Drucker: HP Photosmart 7510 - nur Wlan Aanschluss keine LAN Anschlussmöglichkeit!

HP Recommended

@WRS123dick

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Printer HP 7740

Operating system Windows 7 on one computer Windows 10 on a second computer

Problem is printer goes offline every day or so, and only recovers by removing power and reapplying power.

Print in que is then printed.

HP Recommended

@Paul7740

Welcome to the HP support community.

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.

1. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.

2. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.

• If your printer is not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.

• If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.

3. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.

4. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

5. Try to print.

Assign a manual IP address and that should fix the issue.

1. Load plain white paper in Tray 1.
  2. On the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .
  3. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Reports.
  4. Touch Network Configuration Page. A Network Configuration Page prints up to four pages of information.

Setting a Static IP Address

Once you know your printer’s IP address, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:

HP Printer Static IP Address

1. Run your Web browser.
  2. In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
  3. Click the Networking tab.
  4. Under Connections, click Wireless.
  5. Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
  6. Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
  7. Click Apply.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I went through the procedure to manually set a fixed IP address to the suggested 192.168.1.110, but now I have no connection to the printer.  When I enter this address in my browser, there is no connection shown.  I checked the settings screen on the printer and it does show the IP address as 192.168.1.110.  One thing I did not do was change the primary DNS server from the original 192.168.1.254.  Changing this was not mentioned in the instructions shown.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi again.  From the touch-screen on the HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer I went into setting configuration and reset back to original configuration and reconnected to the network wifi server, and I now have control of the printer again.  I'll have to think about this a little bit longer.  I did find that the touch screen on the printer does give pretty good control of settings.  Note that the HP diagnostic software simply said there was no problem.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.