cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
AlanD96
Level 2
10 5 2 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Printer is fine on my network. It won't install on my new WIndows 10 machine

HP Recommended
HP Laserjet MFP M477
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just received a new Windows 10 computer.  I'm trying to install my Laserjet M477 through my network.  

I go to the Windows printer setup.  It finds the printer immediately, but then stalls out with an error message like "driver is unavailable" after a few minutes.   

When I open "HP Smart" it finds the printer and gives me all kinds of information about the cartridges, etc.  It just says  the printer is not installed.  

I've tried disabling Norton Antivirus.    

Also the printer prints a test page saying I've correctly installed the printer!!!!!!!

I can uninstall and reinstall the printer from my other Windows 10 machines, it's just something about my new computer.  

Any thoughts would be WONDERFUL.     Thanks.

-Alan

1 REPLY 1
AlanD96
Author
Level 2
10 5 2 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Never mind, I ran the HP installer instead of the Microsoft Windows installer and it works fine now.  

Who'd have thought??

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation