Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, as I discovered a few days ago when I wanted to scan to my computer, when you manually install the drivers you don't get the software to go with it. So when you open up the Printer Software on you computer it installs the broken version of the driver and sets it as the default.  So now I'm back to 2 versions being installed and I have to have the manually installed printer set as my default so I can still get color. 

HP Recommended

The search box in Windows 10 is the "Type here to search" box next to the Windows icon at the bottom left. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028221/windows-10-locating-the-search-box-in-windows-10

HP Recommended

As a side note.  HP's solution for me was to buy a new printer.  I don't know if they intend to fix this issue.

HP Recommended

Oh, THAT search box. Thanks, playalien. (Do you get the feeling that this old lady is not crazy about Windows 10? But I will try your solution.) My sneaking suspicion is that this printer was not made to support Microsoft upgrades later than 2010.

HP Recommended

Laughing my head off. What a great solution for HP sales! 

HP Recommended

HP's suggesting to buy a new printer is a complete joke, given this issue is occurring with multiple printers.

HP Recommended

Did they happen to recommend another brand?😁  It's ridiculous to buy a printer that is advertised as b-w and color, only to learn that it's not capable of dealing with a Windows update. I'd call that [edit] advertising.

HP Recommended

Thank you. You solved my problem.

HP Recommended

Just the search buttom. It solved my problem

HP Recommended

Thanks that worked very well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.